Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

Reintroduction to Christianity



When I was growing up, my parents took my baby sister and I to church every Sunday…EVERY SUNDAY! I used to dread waking up in the mornings for church, not because I didn’t want to go, but because it was Sunday and I CLEARLY remember the Bible talking about the Sabbath…a day of rest! Ok, of course that’s what I wanted it to be, but times have changed.

For the first thirteen (13) years of my life, church on Sunday was a mandatory part of my weeks end (or beginning for all of you people who SWEAR the week begins on that day). Once I went to a boarding high school, in Kampala, Uganda in East Africa, NOT going to church became a weekly decision that I looked forward to making! I figured I had been in church long enough to understand the basic concept that Christianity and the Bible had to offer. With this in mind I stopped going to church all together and because of this, lost my religion along the way.

A few weeks ago, a good friend of mine invited me to her church to help me get reintroduced to Christianity and God. There were a couple reasons why I decided to go on that particular Sunday. First, I promised her I would because I knew she wouldn’t stop asking until I did (just kidding!) and two, I felt that it was finally time for me to take that step of getting reacquainted with God again. Without Him I’ve been feeling quite lost and alone even though I enjoy my life to the fullest. Going to church again being the first small step, I’m hoping to be fully reintroduced to Christianity and rebuild a relationship with God that has long been lost.

What are your thoughts on my/ or your own situation with Religion?


1 comment:

  1. So you're totally right about that friend continually asking you to join her until you say yes :). She's really persistent!

    Our relationship with Christ is a journey, and there are highs and lows just like any other relationship. I'm glad you see your visit a couple of Sundays ago as the first step. Make sure you continue to move in the direction to build on the first step. It won't be easy - but it's truly rewarding.

    With all the craziness going on with me right now, I can't imagine what things would be like if I wasn't praying and asking for forgiveness DAILY - more than daily. I look forward to your blog posts :)

    ReplyDelete